Reference Point Software Templates
Version: APA Format
Reference Point Software's templates make it easy to format your papers in APA 6th edition style. With just a few clicks of the mouse, your document will have the proper margins, with the header and page numbers in exactly the right places. Even references and citations are a snap…just type in the information and the software will format it perfectly.
Most importantly, our templates allow you to concentrate on the content of your paper, so you can learn about the topic rather than word processing commands. Save time and work smarter with our templates, which are available for use with Word, OpenOffice and NeoOffice.
These templates are based on the 6th Ed. of the APA Publication Manual (see order screen for the versions availble in 5th & 6th Edition) and include support for APA's style guidelines for electronic resources and references.
What do the templates do?
Generally, Reference Point Software templates do two things:
- Set up a blank document in APA 6th edition or 5th edition format, ready for you to type your paper into.
- Automatically format the reference list & make inserting citations easy.
Specifically, here is what the templates do:
- Create the Header (also called Running head) with page numbers
- Set up the proper margins, line spacing, etc.
- Create a title page
- Create an abstract page, place for the body of the paper, and reference page
- Easily add properly formatted headings and subheadings
- Format each reference with commas, parentheses, italics, and indents in exactly the right spots
- Stores references in a database for easy editing and reuse, you control where data is stored (if you want to).
- If you need to edit references on more than one computer you can easily copy the references file just as easily as your document. Put it on a flash drive, email it to yourself, or use a program like DropBox store your references in the cloud and sync your computers.
- Import a Medlar journal reference, so you won't even have to type it! (MS Word only)
- Make it a snap to cite a reference in the body of the paper
- Create complex page numbering (MS Word only)
- Provide sample tables that you can modify for your own needs (MS Word only)
- Provide a template to easily create an outline (MS Word only)
- With Reference Point templates your citation info travels with your document. If you work on more than one computer you only need to copy one file to the other computer - your APA document!
- Compatible with Win XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, and OS X (see order page for specifics)
What do the templates look like?
This is the APA tab in Word 2010.
This is the APA menu in Word 2003 and older versions of Word. Click the Screenshots link to see the menu in other word processors.
The what you see when you start a new paper in Word. Click here to view a demo of this step.
When you use the template to enter a reference the template makes it easy to enter the authors. The template will capitalize the names if you don't and it will insert periods after initials.
Below is the screen you fill out to make an APA style chapter in a book reference. Notice that this one screen handles multiple types of references including books with editions, revised books, & books you read online. Notice also that we give you advice as to how to fill out this form. e.g. what to capitalize. Do you know if all words in a journal article should be capitalized? We'll tell you as you go.
When you are ready to insert a citation into your paper the template already knows the authors you've typed in. You have to make a decision as to the style of citation but we give you the info you need to decide. Note you can easily add page numbers or other types of numbers to a citation.
Need more info?
- See more screenshots.
- Watch our APA videos
- Read why we think you should select our templates.
- Read what our customers have said.